The ‘oohs, ahhs, ouch’ during those passionate moments of ecstasy can be both due to pleazure (mind it, it’s not spelling mistake, it’s pleaZure) or…pain. Partners can think of a lot of kinky ways to spice up their sex life and make it pleazurable. It can be anything like quirky sex toys, seductive lingerie, sensual aromas, sexy videos, dirty talk, alluring environment, role play – the list is endless. But if the experience is painful for one of the partners, then neither can enjoy the main pleasurable moment - the point of climax during the sexual act.
Pain during sex can be big turn off for the partner feeling the pain or discomfort. It can even make them avoid the act completely, jeopardizing the relationship. For example some couples find it difficult to start off/get in the mood. Some find it difficult to enjoy the pleasure because of the accompanying pain. And, some have a problem with penetration.
Most of these problems can be resolved by using a quality lubricant. Lubricants make penetration smooth, help eliminate pain caused due to friction. This was also the conclusion of a study in 2013 that found that women were positive about using lubricants. According to the study, 9 out of 10 women admitted that sex with lubrication was ‘comfortable, pleasurable and simply better’. Lubrication helps in better stimulation and helps arouse your female partner, making the climax pleazurable for both.
What is a lubricant?
It is a gel-like substance, which is usually used during intercourse or masturbation to reduce friction and facilitate penetration. It can be applied to the penis, inside the vagina and, on sex toys and other parts of the body.
What are the types of lubricants?
There are different types of lubricants available in the market. You should choose according to your requirement. If there’s any confusion, you can consult your physician.
- Water-based lubricant: This is the most popular type as they are non-staining, safe, inexpensive, and work well with toys as well. They are also safe to use with latex condoms and diaphragms. A little ingestion is also not harmful.
- Oil-based lubricant: These are thick and creamy, so they last longer during sex. These can also be used along with water-based lubricants.
- Petroleum-based lubricant: These are used the least as they are difficult to wash off and can also cause yeast infection by changing the pH of the vagina.
- Silicone-based lubricant: This type provides a long-lasting effect for greater fun. Though, they are not suitable for sex toys, they are safe and good for moisturizing.
- Organic lubricant: These all natural and organic lubricants are ideal for all skin types, and 100% safe to use with all types of condoms and sex toys.
How do lubricants make your intimate moments more pleasurable?
- Lubricated vagina: Sometimes, the vagina gets dry due to reduced vaginal secretion. This can be due to stress, anxiety, hormonal changes, medical conditions like diabetes, lack of foreplay, or chemical products. Lubrication helps make the surface greasy and easy to enter.
- Effective for pregnancy: Although, doctors recommend avoiding using lubricants when you are trying to get pregnant, they may allow for a sperm-friendly lubricant (case to case basis). This might not increase your chances of conceiving, but will definitely make following the sex schedule easier.
- For better erection: Sometimes, older men have a problem with erection. Lubricants help in a better erection and a long lasting one.
- For first timers: Lubricants help reduce pain for first timers or those who are simply experimenting.
What are the things to consider while choosing/using a lubricant?
Keep the following points in mind when choosing/using a lubricant:
- Choose one according to your skin type - check for skin irritation or any other side effect.
- Wash properly after every act.
- Do not use more than the required amount.
- Do not swallow or consume through the mouth.
- Check with a doctor in case you experience rashes, itching or a burning sensation after using it.
Contrary to popular belief that that using a lubricant might not give them the desired pleazure, using lubrication is easy and helps add passion to your intimate moments. Lubricants work for your body like grease does for a car - makes it run better and perform effectively – making the ride smooth and fun!
So, if you want those ‘oohs, ahhs and ouch’ moments of your sex life to be an ecstatic cry, rather than a painful wail, get yourself a lube and enjoy your intimate moments, silky and smooth!Now, you can buy lubricants at the click of your finger at http://www.itspleazure.com/collections/lubes-lubricants.